Creating Community through a Regional Approach to Arts, Culture & Media.
True North; Reaching more than a half million people in a 5-county region of Northern California through California Arts Councils and media partners in Butte, Tehama, Shasta, Trinity, and Siskiyou.
Why an Alliance?
We recognize the need to regionalize our approach to arts and culture activities in Northern California – many of which create tourism and economic development opportunities. The Alliance assists in garnering funds and support while widening the influence of arts and culture entities and individuals in True Northern California communities through joint programming, presenting and media exposure.
- To increase the organizational capacity of Alliance members.
- To build new audience & opportunities for artists & the communities in which they reside.
- To create greater regional cooperation and awareness of arts & culture organizations.
- To increase economic vitality through arts & culture events & activities.
- To document, train and educate the public through a public access radio and television network – produced primarily by youth of the area – about the Northern California region in which they live.
Cultural Tourism = Economic Development Opportunities in our True Northern California Counties.
The Alliance is Building Audience & Artists
TODAY - For the first time, we have a website that regionalizes our approach to promoting and creating awareness for our festivals, museums, musicians, special events & activities, arts & crafts, and the outdoor culture we enjoy –TrueNorthArtsCulture.org
TODAY – Artists, for the first time, can network through a forum that promotes art workshops, gallery events, and exhibition opportunities in a five-county area - TrueNorthArtsCulture.org
TODAY – Economic Opportunities are realized for Arts & Culture through a combined five-county Events Calendar and Database that enables residents and visitors to plan cultural experiences in Butte, Shasta, Siskiyou, Tehama, and Trinity counties.
Revitalizing True North: Television & Radio Workforce Training
New national media arts standards in education recognize the influence of “new media” and provide workforce training and pathway opportunities for young people. The new standards are organized across arts disciplines and include four artistic processes:
- Presenting (Visual Arts) & Producing (Media Arts)
True North Arts & Culture Alliance can provide a delivery system across the five-county region through Arts Councils and their partners.
What if this new alliance between our youth and businesses, nonprofits, and education revitalized rural areas like the True North Arts & Culture Alliance counties where the average unemployment rate is 11% compared to 6.7% nationally?
JOIN US !