Executive Director – Siskiyou County Arts Council
Based in Siskiyou County, California, the Siskiyou County Arts Council (SCAC) is a nonprofit arts council that was incorporated as a 501(c)3 in 2016. The SCAC is the designated arts council to represent Siskiyou County in the California Arts Council’s (CAC) State Local Partnership program. The mission of the Siskiyou County Arts Council is to integrate our dynamic arts community into the daily lives of residents and visitors.
As the SCAC grows they will serve the community through a multitude of programs. Future programs may include: Arts in Education, Art in Public Places, arts calendars and website information, and Arts in Corrections, arts networking through the informal arts coalition, and technical assistance to anyone who contacts us with an arts-related question.
General Job Description
The Executive Director is responsible, along with the appropriate board committees, for the design, development, execution of the new arts council and expansion of the scope of arts appreciation and education as developed in the SCAC’s strategic plan. The Director will work with CAC staff, the County Supervisors and other government agencies.
Duties will include, but are not limited to, the planning and organizing of fundraising, membership drives, artistic direction, technical direction, marketing and advertising (including social media), annual budget preparation, staff and volunteer coordination, staff support to the board of directors and committees, board of directors and advisory committee recruitment, program development, coordination and execution, grant writing and final reports, program outreach data tracking, press releases for the local papers and other media, facilitation of arts networking and advocacy, and such other duties as assigned by the president and the board of directors.
- Two-year college degree
- Prior experience working in or exposure to an arts-related field
- Management and/or supervisory experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent command of writing skills
- Passionate about the arts
- Four-year college degree
- Prior employment with a nonprofit, preferably in a managerial position
- Demonstrated grant writing and fundraising experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage budgets and financial affairs of an organization
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with the public
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with staff and board members
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with government and nonprofit agencies
- Prior experience working with media/marketing
- Demonstrated leadership skills in an organizational setting
This position is classified as permanent, 30 hours/week. The position includes paid holidays/vacation, and accrued vacation and sick leave.
To apply, please email cover letter and CV firstname.lastname@example.org (please include “Executive Director” in subject line).